Kanab, Utah Research
To have a broad understanding of some competitive Information for Kanab, Utah, which would include what they do to advertise their tourism. An ideal response would include why Kanab is considered a competitor to Flagstaff, AZ tourism, the interest groups that visit the destination, the reasons why people decide to visit, visitor reviews and what they detail about their experiences and how they rate them, the main special attractions and/or activities, whether it hosts any large events, and the digital marketing & advertising tactics it uses.
- As there are many tourist websites for Kanab, Utah and we were not provided any direction as to which one it might be, we made an assumption and decided upon this one. If that is incorrect, that should be clearly communicated to us in any reply, and we can pivot from there. However, the initial hour of research is completely based on this assumption.
- Fifteen must do adventures in Kanab include hiking Buckskin Gulch, driving Cottonwood Canyon Road, hiking in Cottonwood Canyon, hiking Paria Canyon, the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Coral Pink Sand Dunes, Lake Powell, Moqui Cave, Buckskin Gulch, Glen Canyon Dam Visitor’s Center, Bryce Canyon National Park, the north rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Kodachrome Basin State Park, and hiking the Elusive Wave trail.
- They have multiple social media accounts that they market and regularly post on. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and they also have a direct link to Trip Advisor.
- There are numerous events every year in Kanab. However, please note that due to the COVID-19 crisis, there is no way to understand (unless already announced) whether they will go on this year. Events include the Balloons & Tunes Roundup in February, the Kanab 10K Race over Mothers Day weekend, an annual two-day Kanab ATV jamboree, a Color Fun Run 5K on July 4th, as well as a parade and a fireworks display, the Western Legends Heritage & Music Festival, the Reel Deal Fishing Derby, and the Kanab Treasure Quest. At Thanksgiving there is the K-Town Turkey Trot, breakfast with Santa, and the Christmas Light Parade & Lantern Festival.
- This is what appears to be their latest marketing campaign called #SheTravelsUtah Mantra. It has 298,970 views and was posted on 26 Feb 2020.
- Gates of Lodore Rafting marketing film can be viewed here. It has 934,223 views and was posted on 14 Jan 2020.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- The bulk of our initial hour of research was spent trying to decide what tourism site to investigate, as there were many as evidenced here, here, and here. We settled on this one.
- In our first hour of research, we provided some must do adventures in Kanab, large events hosted, their social media accounts, as well as two examples of their marketing.
- We did not have time to provide research surrounding why Kanab is considered a competitor to Flagstaff, AZ tourism, the interest groups that visit the destination, the reasons why people decide to visit, visitor reviews and what they detail about their experiences and how they rate them, and a more fleshed out look at the digital marketing & advertising tactics it uses.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.