DTC Turkish Towel Market
To obtain a competitive analysis of the direct-to-consumer (DTC) high-end and/or Turkish towel market in the U.S., specifically as it relates to opportunities in the market currently and post Covid-19, in order to assess any opportunities in the market.
- In 2018, the global bath towel market size was $9,820 million, and is estimated to reach $15,900 million by 2025.
- The Turkish Towel Company is a DTC towel company that offers a lifetime guarantee on their products.
- Turkish T is another DTC brand Turkish towel brand and, according to their website, they "are the largest US distributor of natural home textiles."
- Other DTC Turkish towel brands that were found through this article from The Spruce include Cacala, Parachute, Serena & Lily, Letters from Bosphorous, and Brookelinen.
- Bain consultants expect the global luxury market to decline somewhere between 15% and 35% in 2020, as compared to 2019. For the first quarter of 2020, the estimate is a contraction of 25% to 30%.
- Peacock Alley, which sells Turkish towels among their other high-end linens, is making cloth masks during the pandemic in order to support local organizations.
Summary of Findings
- In our initial research we focused on obtaining an overview of the U.S. luxury towel market, with a focus on Turkish towels when possible, possible competitors in the space, and the impact on Covid-19 on the market.
- It appears that market data specific to the luxury towel market in the U.S. will be hard to come by, as much of the data found was global, and the details by region are behind paywalls. Since we also need to focus on only DTC brands, that makes the request very niche.
- Since no information on the largest companies in the space was found available publicly, Amazon may be a resource to locate some of the most highly rated companies by looking at the reviews for Turkish towels that have a minimum of 100 reviews.
- Although some data was also found on the impact Covid-19 is/will have on the luxury retail market, there was nothing specific to luxury linens found in the initial research.
- Due to the niche nature of the request, it is likely that data on the specific market, Turkish/luxury towels sold DTC in the U.S., will not be publicly available, but there are some alternative paths to obtaining helpful information that are provided below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.