Custom Travel Planners Competitive Landscape
To gain a competitive landscape for Journy, Noken, Airbnb Experiences, Cool Cousin, Culture Trip and UTrip.
- GoJourny targets customers looking for custom travel planning at many destinations around the world.
- Their tagline is "Travel Like a Local".
- Users fill out an online questionnaire to be paired with a specialist travel planner. They then further talk with their planner, who develops a completely custom itinerary.
- This targets a variety of customers who want or need a more curated travel experience. This could be honeymoons, anniversary trips or other travel where customers either don't have time to research or want a real "authentic" experience.
- Simple destination advice is free, a custom plan is $25/day of trip and a custom plan plus actual booking services is $50/day of travel.
- Journy's business model therefore is to charge users for trip planning services and more for trip planning plus booking. The longer the trip, the more fees that are charged. Journy has "destination experts" whom it works with (likely contractors) who actually compose the custom itineraries.
- The service is available web-based or via iOS app.
- Journy has raised $3.2 million in funding from Menlo Ventures in late 2018. Their seed round was back in 2015 for an undisclosed amount.
- Journy states their gross margins are 55-60%. In 2018, they quintupled their revenue. Their current employee count is 11-25.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.