To understand the mezcal industry, including details on U.S. volume, growth predictions, and valuation of purchased companies; to understand the wild agave industry including the state of the industry (will they be domesticated), sustainability predictions, and top consumed brand and variety; to determine the top countries and cities for mezcal sales; to determine the 10 most popular Mexican chefs in the U.S.; and to determine the 10 most popular non-musical Mexican artists in the U.S.
MARKET SIZE AND GROWTH
- In 2017, the United States imported 171,731 liters of tequila and mezcal. We did not initially find a breakdown of the number of liters of mezcal only. However, tequila is actually a type of mezcal.
- The global mezcal market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 14.2% through 2023.
- In the United States, the growth of mezcal in 2018 "was the equivalent of 261,000 nine-litre cases sold."
WILD AGAVE INDUSTRY
- 12 varieties of agave are used in mezcal production.
- Some types of agave are already being cultivated. However, there are also still wild plants including cuish, madrecuixe, tobala, mexicano, tepeztate, and, jabalí.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
We found some proprietary research from some of our data partners which may be helpful:
- U.S. Tequila and Mezcal Market (Global Data, $500)
- Research section on key countries (TechNavio, $345)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.