The goal is to determine competitors to VMware in terms of cloud computing, networking and network security, and virtualisation.
- According to Craft, VMware's top competitors include Extreme Networks, Arista Networks, Tintri, Citrix, and Veeam.
- In terms of revenue, VMware had $9 billion in 2019, Extreme Networks had over $995 million, and Cintrix had $3 billion.
- Extreme Network offers "Network Fabric", which allows networks to adjust to differing traffic levels and provides the underlay for network virtualization.
- Citrix offers various networking products including Application Delivery Management, Citrix Gateway, Intelligent Traffic Management, and a Web App Firewall.
- Veeam has many cloud services such as multi-cloud data protection, cloud mobility, and data retention.
- Microsoft is also known as a competitor to VMware. They are now working together to bring CloudSimple, a platform that allows VMware software to work on Azure, which was previously unsupported.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.