Complete Structure Construction Courses
Compile a list of 5-10 construction courses (2-8 weeks in length) where they teach how to build a whole structures, including planning, building, plumbing, and electrical.
Yestermorrow Design/Build School
- Cost: $2,300 + $50 materials fee
- Length: 2 weeks
- The course is intended to provide the fundamentals of home building. It includes "site assessment, estimating, basic engineering, design theories, and an overview of construction techniques. Environmentally responsible design and building practices are integrated into every aspect of the course."
- Course sessions are daily, Monday-Saturday for two weeks.
- Teaching methods include hands-on construction projects, studio sessions, lectures, slide shows, house tours, and discussion.
- There is no posted next course date for this course, however, the school states that "This course has been offered since 1980 and is the heart of our curriculum." As such, it is assumed that the course will be offered in the future but that the school is on summer vacation. The class is currently in session from August 4th - August 16th.
- Additionally, students can elect to receive college credit from Sterling College and/or 70 HSW learning units from American Institute of Architects.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.