Construction in the US
To find the number of new constructions projects began each year in the US.
- According to the Construction Association, 7 million employees create $1.3 trillion worth of structures in the US each year.
- The industry is almost always tracked in terms of dollar value rather than projects. For example, the 10 largest contractors by contract are ranked on contract value not the number of contracts.
- In a listicle of more than 100 statistics for the US construction industry, no data was given on the number of projects. Data is all about value, employment, costs and sectors.
- As there are over 700,000 construction companies in the US alone, the cap for the number of new projects is going to be high.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists over 7.2 million employees in the US construction industry, but this likely does not account for casual or per diem workers.
- Attempting to find the number of projects a construction company begins each year also proved fruitless, as construction companies range from small, local enterprises to giant multi-million dollar companies. There is no industry average.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.