Battery Electric Vehicles
To gain understanding of the growth of battery/electric vehicles in order to enhance understanding of US distribution rates and the future of the EV market.
- Tesla is a US-based electric car company.
- In 2020, shares in Tesla stock raised 15.69%.
- Despite increase in stock rates and sales, Tesla has not been earning a profit.
- Tesla, Inc has a 3-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 93.6%.
- Net sales are projected to go from $32.8M to $54.3M from 2020-2022.
Tesla Model 3
Additional BEV Facts
- The CAGR for electric vehicles in general is estimated at 32.5% from 2019-2025.
- California has the highest amount of vehicle charging stations, making the state more BEV and PEV-friendly.
- The state with the most electric and hybrid vehicles is California, with 5.37% of cars in that state being hybrid or electric.
- The top 10 states for sales/ownership of electric and hybrid vehicles are California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maryland, Washington state, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Illinois, and New York.
Information on the CAGR for specific car models was not found in public data in an hour of extensive research. Information was found regarding Tesla overall, which produces three of the vehicles identified: Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, and Tesla X. Some quarterly sales information was located on the Model 3, in addition to the number of cars sold in the past 2 years. This information can give insights into the growth of the BEVs identified. Additional information for the electric vehicle industry as a whole was provided.
Proprietary Research Available
- Electric Vehicle Market by Propulsion (BEV, PHEV, FCEV), Vehicle (PC, CV), Charging Station (Normal, Super, Inductive), Charging Infrastructure (Normal, Type-2-AC, CHAdeMO, CCS, Tesla SC), Power Output, Installation, and Region — Global Forecast to 2025 (Markets and Markets, $5,650)
- Electric Vehicle Market by Propulsion (BEV, PHEV, FCEV), Vehicle (PC, CV), Charging Station (Normal, Super, Inductive), Charging Infrastructure (Normal, Type-2-AC, CHAdeMO, CCS, Tesla SC), Power Output, Installation, and Region — Global Forecast to 2025, Section 6.13 (Markets and Markets $402.50)
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.