Clear Dental Aligners
To find information on consumer expectations from clear dental aligners.
- Most consumers consider trying out clear dental aligners whenever they identify dental issues that can be treated using clear aligners. These issues include crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, crossbite, gap teeth, open bite, baby and permanent teeth, and generally straighter teeth.
- The period of use of clear dental aligners varies from one person to another depending on the dental problem that is being corrected. For instance, the Invisalign website lists three different time scenarios for three different patients i.e. 36 months for Martin, 24 months for Maria, and 24 months for Jamie.
- Clear dental aligners serve as alternatives to other orthodontics treatments that include braces, splints, palatal expanders, and removable retainers.
- The market for clear dental aligners is booming as millions of Americans that can't afford alternative treatments like braces and that do not like the metal-wire experience can now have their teeth straightened.
- Depending on the company offering clear aligners, pricing can vary significantly. The price ranges from around $2,000 for mild-to-moderate teeth straightening from start-ups like SmileDirectClub and Candid, to around $5,500 for Invisalign, which can handle more crooked cases.
- In 2018, the global clear dental aligners market was worth $1.604 billion and it was projected to reach a value of $5.8 billion by 2025. The projected growth rate over this forecast period is expected to be 20.15%.
- In 2018, North America accounted for the largest share of the clear dental aligners market with around 62.4% of the market share.
- Across various market analysis reports, the identified key players within the global clear aligners market include Align Technology Inc, 3M, Danaher Corporation, Danaher Corporation Inc, Danaher Corporation, Institut Straumann AG, TP Orthodontics, SCHEU-DENTAL GmbH, Great Lakes Dental Technologies, and K Line Europe GmbH.
- It is worth noting that Aligh Technology Inc, holds that largest market share in the global clear dental aligners market. The company's key metrics include an annualized net revenue of $2.3 billion, 7.5 million patients of its Invisalign clear aligners brand, 952 active patents, and 13,976 employees.
- Common clear dental aligner brands in the United States include Invisalign and SmileDirectClub.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.