Seafood Consumer Demographics
The goal is to find out demographic information on seafood consumers, as well as factors in their purchasing decisions.
- People over the age of 55 prefer wild seafood, while younger generations tend to have no preference.
- China is the largest seafood exporter in the world, exporting around 4.2 million tons each year.
- The consumption of seafood is rising in China because less pork is available due to a spike in African Swine Fever in the country.
- The EU is the world's largest importer of shellfish.
- The EU consumes about 12.3 million tons of seafood per year, and the US consumes about 9 million tons.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.