Convenience Store Market
Identify the top five companies in the convenience store market in the United States by revenue. Provide a breakdown of the business segments of each of the top five companies.
- The overall market for convenience stores in the US is worth $616 billion in annual sales and includes 155,000 stores.
- In terms of the total number of stores, the largest convenience store chains in the US are 7-Eleven (Seven & I), Alimentation Couche-Tard, Shell, Marathon Petroleum, and Chevron.
- Seven & I Holdings, the parent company of 7-Eleven, has annual sales of $61.5 billion. The company has a market capitalization of $30 billion and is based in Japan. The company's segments include convenience store operations, supermarket operations, financial services, department store operations, and mail order services.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard, owner of Circle K, Corner Store, Dairy Mart, and Diamond convenience stores, saw annual revenue of $59 billion last year.
- Marathon Petroleum, owner of Marathon, Rich Oil, and Speedway convenience stores, saw total revenue of $97 billion last year, of which 16% ($15.5 billion) came from the company's retail segment.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.