SaaS Startup Cost
To determine the average cost for starting up a SaaS technology company in Canada in its first year by category of business sector (such as marketing, accounting, R&D, legal) in order to make informed decisions.
SaaS Startup Cost
- Some Canada entrepreneurs have spent below CAD $1,000 to build their startup businesses.
- A typical small business owner in Canada shells about $5,000 to $10,000 to initially build their small business.
- In the U.S. and Canada, the development costs range from $40 to $250 per hour.
- The lowest-cost SaaS business costs $15k to build.
- An advanced form-building and surveying system solution costs $85k.
- A directory service with advanced searching and an advanced admin area costs $30k.
Summary of Findings
- Our one hour of research provided some of the available figures on the amount spent by entrepreneurs in Canada to build startup businesses. However, the specific cost of building a SaaS business is not available.
- We also provided available figures on the cost associated with building a startup in the United States.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Given that the data on the average cost of starting up a SaaS technology company in Canada is not available, we propose to continue with the research to provide 2-3 additional insights on the cost associated with building a general startup company in Canada or in the United States. We will back these insights with 3-5 pieces of information, data points, or statistics to give an idea on the cost of building a startup in Canada or in the United States.
We also recommend undertaking additional research to provide 2-3 examples of SaaS startups in Canada. For each startup, we will provide the name of the startup, website as a citation, funding amount,and any available costs of doing business or expenses amount.