Costa Rica Boutique Beach Hotels/Eco Spas
To identify a list of boutique hotels/eco spas in Costa Rica where a visitor on a 1-2 week vacation can relax on the beach and learn to surf.
There are many options for boutique hotels in Costa Rica that offer both relaxation and surfing options. Three such hotels in three different price ranges are below.
SHAKA BEACH RETREAT
- The Shaka Beach Retreat is a boutique surf and yoga retreat located in Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.
- Accommodations consist of "eight private rooms and villas in a jungle setting."
- Visitors to Shaka can "learn to surf, make lifelong friends, and enjoy the tropical beach lifestyle."
- Shaka is not a resort, but it has many of the amenities associated with resorts and provides the "relaxed vibe of a surf camp for 'grown-ups'."
- A five-night Stay and Surf package for a single occupant is $1,625 ($1,375 double occupancy) and a seven-night Stay and Surf package for a single occupant is $1,925 ($1,575 double occupancy).
- A five-night Stay and Chill package for a single occupant is $1,375 ($1,125 double occupancy) and a seven-night Stay and Chill packages for a single occupant is $1,575 ($1,400 double occupancy).
- All packages include the following:
- On 275 reviews, the Shaka Beach Retreat has a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars on TripAdvisor.
- TripAdivisor's description of the Shaka says the retreat is "perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels."
- Casa Marbella is a "boutique hillside retreat" located in Playa Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.
- Accommodations consist of six standard rooms and suites arranged around an infinity pool. There are also two three-bedroom condos available for larger groups.
- Units include kitchens, kitchenettes, or mini-fridges and the hotel is a short walk to the grocery store, restaurants, and the beach.
- A luxury condo starts at $198 per day, a suite starts at $147 per day, a standard room with kitchenette starts at $102 per day, and a standard room starts at $91 per day.
- All rooms have an ocean view and are connected to the infinity pool.
- Guests can rent boogie and surf boards from the hotel and private or semi-private surf lessons, which are "taught by experienced instructors and are around 1.5 hours long," can be arranged.
- An Adventure Package, which includes a zip line tour, surf lesson, one-hour massage, and a Casa Marbella t-shirt/tank top/cover up is available for $150 for one person and $290 for two people.
- Private or couples massages, body wraps, facials, and manicures/pedicures are available on the hotel's yoga terrace.
- On 622 reviews, Casa Marbella has a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars on TripAdvisor.
HOTEL BUENOS AIRES
- Hotel Buenos Aires is located at Playa Carmen, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.
- This eight-room hotel that overlooks the Pacific Ocean is ideal for budget-minded travelers.
- Visitors have the option of fan-cooled or air-conditioned rooms that are equipped with a private bathroom, refrigerator, mini bar, and kettle.
- Between May 1 and October 31, a fan-cooled room is $60 per night, while an air-conditioned room is $70 per night.
- Between November 1 and April 30, a fan-cooled room is $75 per night, while an air-conditioned room is $85 per night.
- There is also an on-premises restaurant, La Birreria de Buenos Aires, that provides a "new ocean view food and craft beer experience in Santa Teresa."
- While the restaurant is open to the public for breakfast and dinner, the on-site pool is exclusively for guests.
- The hotel does not offer surf lessons, but it is located within walking distance of Playa Carmen, where surfing lessons can be booked.
- On 301 reviews, Hotel Buenos Aires has a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars on TripAdvisor.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.