Midwest County Hospitals: Marketing Budget
To obtain the marketing budget in county hospitals in the Midwest to help a suburban county hospital set its 2020 marketing budget for digital advertising, social media paid advertising, broadcast, print and outdoor advertising, and public relations.
Marketing Spend Examples
- In 2018, Nationwide Children's Hospital spent $427,857.
- Between May 26 and August 27th, this commercial had aired 89 times and garnered 27 million national impressions according to ispot.com.
- Other examples of similar campaigns are available here.
- Hospitals are gradually moving toward digital marketing efforts.
- Marketing budgets are more prominent in research hospitals where new technologies and procedures are implemented.
- Although this sector is behind the digital marketing curve, these institutions have begun to diversify their marketing efforts.
- 81% of consumers are unsatisfied with their healthcare experience. Their major grievance is that they wish that their healthcare providers communicated with them more.
- The median annual marketing budget is $3.1 million with $950,000 for interactive initiatives and $640,000 for website development.
- In 2017, 65% of hospitals utilized customer relationship management systems (CRMs). In 2015, this value was at 50%.
- In 2015, only 11% of the marketing efforts utilized CRM connected with their website. As of 2016, 36% had connected the two and by the end of 2017, 26% had planned to make this move.
- In 2017, 68% say that their websites are responsive, up from 57% in 2015.
- When using Social media, Facebook leads the pack with 80% of hospitals utilizing it, followed by Twitter at 77%, and YouTube at 74%.
- Healthcare Success is a marketing agency for this industry. Case studies on their marketing efforts and their success can be found here.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.