CPG Influencer Marketing
To understand the effectiveness of influencer marketing for consumer packaged goods brands through data points and case studies in order to create an influencer marketing deck.
Influencer Marketing Statistics
- A recent study by Annalect reports that 49% of respondents rely on product recommendations from influencers. In fact, 40% claim they have purchased products after seeing an influencer use the product on Twitter, YouTube, or Instagram.
- The study also reported that there is a 5.2X lift in purchase intent when potential customers are exposed to both tweets from the brand and tweets from influencers.
- A study by TapInfluence found that for every dollar a company spends on influencer marketing, companies earn an average of $7.65.
- Micro-influencers, those with between 10k and 100k followers, see more engagement than influencers with higher followers. This may be because consumers view them as more authentic.
5-Hour Energy Drink
- In October 2018, 5-Hour Energy Drink, ran an influencer marketing campaign that followed three Instagram influencers at a Dierks Bentley concert.
- The three influencers posted 15 Instagram posts before, during, and after the concert, promoting the 5-Hour Energy drink and Dierks' Mountain High Tour.
- The campaign ad return was $6.11 and resulted in incremental sales of $1.2 million. Addtionally, the campaign saw 22.9 million impressions.
- In 2017, Cottonelle ran an influencer marketing campaign to promote the Cottonelle Clean Care Box, available only at Target.com.
- The brand teamed with over 30 Parenting and Lifestyle influencers who created original stories and content promoting the box and pointing potential customers to Target.com.
- Influencers created over 700 pieces of content which included over 30 blog stories, over 100 photos of the product, and over 600 social media posts.
- Generated content resulted in 11.5 million impressions, 12,500 engagements, and 10,500 visits to the product landing page.
- In addition, the product sold out within 48 hours after it was released.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.