Business Benefits of Crawlers/Scrapers and RPA
To collect data on how the use of web crawlers/scrapers and/or RPA can benefit businesses in terms of increased revenue, productivity improvements.
Definition of Terms
- Web crawler - according to Tech Target, a web crawler is "a program that visits websites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index." Web crawlers are typically used to collect information from a website and the links that are related to the website.
- Web scraper - web scrapers are applications that process the HTML of a web page so as to extract data for manipulation.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) - according to Tech Target, RPA "is the use of software with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities to handle high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform." These tasks include queries, calculations and maintenance of records and transactions.
- Web scraping is an important tool that businesses can use in market research strategy i.e. to find and utilize data and information from target websites that can be the websites of competitors.
- Web scrapers and crawlers perform a similar function of collecting/extracting information from websites. This capability can play an important role in various business components that include market research, lead generation, search engine optimization, online presence, and financial strategy.
- On the other hand, RPA offers automation that if used properly can benefit businesses on various fronts. The benefits of RPA to business include enhanced commercial outcomes, reduced costs and operational risks, reduced paper use/waste to decrease output variability, improved employee engagement, better customer experience, flexibility and simplicity, and business analytics and insights.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.