Cat Lovers in Connecticut
To have a list of destinations in Connecticut that have something noteworthy to do with felines. This could include hotels that allow cats, stores, sanctuaries that encourages visitors, and/or a cafe/restaurant with a cat theme. Ideally the list would include anything that celebrates feline pets, along with links and why it is notable.
- Mew Haven Cat Cafe is Connecticut’s first cat cafe. A cat cafe is a coffee shop but with cats. Patrons can purchase coffee and baked goods and play with adorable cats. Since we work with the Animal Haven, a shelter located in North Haven, all the cats are adoptable. It is located on 904 Whalley Ave., New Haven, CT. Their operating hours are Tue.-Thu. 10-7, Fri.-Sat. 10-9, Sun. 10-7.
- The Book Barn is spread out in 4 locations along Rt. 156 through Niantic and is a refuge for 500,000 books encompassing all subjects. A reader’s paradise, this bookstore is a Connecticut mecca to buy, sell, and read books. There are at least five cats that live here both inside and outside. They can be found curled up on hidden couches, rubbing against your leg while you browse, or sitting on the counter to greet you as you come in. Of note is that friendly, on-leash dogs are always welcome at the Main Barn.
- The Mystic Harbour Inne & Cottage located at 15 Edgemont St., Mystic, CT allows cats. In fact, all pets are welcome and that includes dogs, ferrets, birds, rabbits, and even reptiles.
- The Branford Compassion Club was founded in 1997 to care for a growing number of feral cats in the community of North Branford, CT. The adoption center is located at 2037 Foxon Road.
- Two 6-feet-tall cats that stand guard above the front door of Two Wrasslin’ Cats Coffee House and Cafe. It is a beautiful cobalt blue coffee house and cafe situated in a circa 1784 house in the bucolic community of East Haddam, CT with a mission to welcome all people, build a community asset and provide unmatched customer service while serving outstanding fresh food and coffee. There are cat-themed decorations everywhere, though the allergic need not worry, as there are no live cats.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- Our first hour of research was spent exhaustively scanning to find the required information. We feel we have presented what is actually available and are not recommending further research for the exact parameters provided to us. Our last bullet point was stretched thin as even though there is cat related art, cats are not allowed. The only category that looked promising was hotels'motels, but we did not have enough time to further explore that aspect.
- Given this, we have pivoted and provided some alternate research paths that may be useful to the questions asked.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the proposed scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.