- Cushman & Wakefield has over 400 offices in Canada and worldwide across 70 countries.
- The company employs 50,000 people and has a 2018 revenue of $8.2 billion.
- In Ontario only, there are over 86,000 registered real estate salespersons, brokers and brokerages.
- Canadian real estate agents and brokers saw their operating revenue reach $15 billion in 2017, up 8.5% from 2017. This increase is mainly related to businesses in Ontario with 10.3% growth and British Colombia with 7%. Most importantly, these two provinces represent over three quarters of the national revenue.
What they are doing from a marketing perspective
- Some real estate agents in Canada are considered influencers and have large online following as well as strong reputations in the Canadian real estate industry.
- They use social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube.
- Most of these influencers are real estate brokers and use innovative ways to market their properties.
- These include aerial drone videos and animated GIFs.
Summary of Findings
During one hour of preliminary research, and given the marge amount of data to find, we have been able to find some data about the real estate market in Canada and real estate influencers. However, given the high availability of data and information publicly available, we are confident to be able to provide all the answers to the requests with more time.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.