FM Global Advertising Audit
To understand the past and present advertising strategy of FM Global including television, digital, and social media.
- The current tagline for FM Global's digital advertising campaign is "Resilience is a Choice."
- Current digital ads are focused on natural disasters.
- From December 2018 to March 2019, released digital ads that focused on flooding, supply chain, risk, and cyber security.
- The previous tagline, dating back until at least 2013, was "When you're resilient, you're in business."
- From April through December 2017, FM Global ran a digital campaign advertising it's new global flood map. One of the themes of this campaign was, "The last time anyone had flood information as reliable as our new global flood map, he built an ark."
- From July 2016 to July 2017, the company ran a series of humorous digital ads promoting their customer retention rate, service benchmarks, and awards as a company.
- FM Global's Facebook page appears to primarily highlight activities within the company, such as volunteer activities, promotions, employee awards, and conference attendance.
- Prior to the RIMS 2019 Conference in April 2019, FM Global posted a series of videos advertising their participation in the conference.
- The company Facebook page also includes links to interviews and podcasts of FM Global executives including Kevin Ingram and Lou Gritzo.
- FM Global's Twitter page appears to be focused on content geared toward potential customers.
- The majority of the posts are videos discussing various risk factors a business may encounter including climate change, cybersecurity, vendor risks, hurricanes, and equipment breakdowns.
- The page, also, contains posts promoting conferences and symposiums the company will attend, including FERMA Forum and the GVNW Symposium.
- Despite a search of iSpotTV and the company's press releases, we were unable to locate any television advertising campaigns.
- The only print campaigns we were able to locate was the Resilience campaign that ran in 2013-2014. The print ads were featured in Business Insurance, CFO, Forbes, Risk & Insurance and The Wall Street Journal. The ads featured athletes showing resilience by not quitting. The campaign also included similar online videos.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.