Influencers Income Streams
To find data points related to the different income streams (social media posts, merchandise and touring) of influencers with over 100,000 followers, micro-influencers, and nano influencers.
Income breakdowns for influencers with over 100,000 followers (social media posts, merchandise, touring)
- The top influencers can earn six figures for brand campaigns.
- Influencers with over 500,000 followers can earn anything between $15,000 to $200,000 per post on YouTube.
- On Instagram, the pay rate per post is from $8,000 to $75,000 for influencers with over 500,000 followers.
- On Facebook, the pay rate for the same type of influencer is between $5,000 to $60,000.
- Twitter posts pay at a rate of $2,000 to $20,000.
Income breakdowns for micro-influencers (social media posts, merchandise, touring)
- Micro-influencers are defined as having between 1,000 to 100,000 followers.
- The baseline rate for Instagram posts is estimated at 1% of their follower count, which means between $10 to $1,000 per post for micro-influencers.
- A survey conducted by Kite on micro-influencers found that 73% of the respondents made money from sponsorship or sponsored content, 66% from social media posts, 33% from brand endorsements, 30% from banner ads, 28% from speaking or guest appearances, 21% from branded merchandise, and 8% from TV and radio show appearances.
- 38% of respondents rated sponsorship or sponsored content as their top source of revenue, compared to 18% for social media posts,6% for merchandise, 3% for guest or speaking appearances and 1% for TV and radio show appearances.
Income breakdowns for nano-influencers (social media posts, merchandise, touring)
- New influencers can earn anything between a couple of hundred to a few thousand dollars for Instagram posts.
- The baseline rate for Instagram posts is estimated at 1% of their follower count, which means between $10 to $100 per post for nano-influencers, defined as having between 1,000 to 10,000 followers.
Summary of Finding
- After an hour of research, we managed to find some data points about the rate per post on Social Media for different types of influencers.
- We also found data on the most popular ways a micro-influencer can make money.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
After initial research, we propose to focus on gathering 3-5 insights into the merchandise revenue stream for successful influencers, micro-influencers, and nano-influencers.
In addition, we can also provide 3-5 insights into the touring revenue stream for successful influencers, micro-influencers, and nano-influencers. Touring would include book tours, as well as speaking and guest appearances.