- Kraft papers are manufactured from softwood pulp, pressed into rolls of papers or flat sheets, which are then cut into sizes.
- Kraft bags can also be produced from laminated paper, which is coated with plastic on the inside to protect the goods against moisture.
- Kraft paper bags can be manufactured in different colors and weight, typically from 60 gsm paper. Extra sturdy Kraft paper bags are produced from 90 gsm paper.
- Kraft paper bags are cheap, sustainable to store, and efficient to use as long as they do not get wet.
- The amount of weight a Kraft paper bag can hold depends on its size and the strength of the paper used.
- Small Kraft paper bags made of 70 gsm paper can hold up to 4Kgs of weight.
- Recyclable brown Kraft paper bags are cheap to mass-produce as it saves a lot of production funds.
- The bags have good environmental protection performance as they are non-toxic, pollution-free, tasteless, and recyclable.
- The process of manufacturing Kraft paper includes designing, Proofing, printing, film, surface finishing, and die-cutting, among others.
- The Kraft paper bag market is expected to grow to $18.7 billion by the year 2025 from $15.6 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 3.0%.
- Changes in lifestyles, modernization, and increased individual income are some trends promoting Kraft paper bag industry's growth. Kraft paper bags have become fundamental for shopping as consumers have become more environmental-conscious.
- The top players in the Kraft paper bags market include GenPak, Kent Paper, LinPac Packaging Ltd, Bemis Company Inc., and Standpac.
- The segments promoting the use of Kraft paper bags include pharmaceuticals, consumer durables, food & beverages, and grocery.
From the initial one-hour research, we were able to find some insights into Kraft paper bags use, industry growth, manufacturing, and advantages of using them. Information about crumpled Kraft paper bags is not available in the public domain, which may imply that crumpled Kraft paper bags are not being manufactured. Due to time limits, we were not able to explore the suppliers of Kraft paper.