Customer Demographics: GitHub, LinkedIn, and Box
The primary focus is to provide demographic data and average time spent on application for GitHub, LinkedIn, and Box. Prerequisites for the demographic data are age, gender, geography, and occupation. If the demographic data is unavailable, information on the price trends, price models and the monthly average use per user becomes the research priority.
- In December 2020 the GitHub website had a total of 489.6 million visits, of which 95.7 million were unique visitors. Compared to November 2020, total website visits declined by 0.75%, while unique visitors increased by 1.9%
- The number of pages visited averaged at 3.31 (a decline of 1.95%), the bounce rate was 53.58%, and the average duration of each visit was 13.31 minutes, a decline of 2.41% from November 2020. Bounce rate refers to the percentage of visits to the website wherein users viewed one page with one request.
- The daily time on the site by visitors was 6:35 minutes.
- There were 100,000 downloads of the GitHub app in December 2020.
- The top five countries by traffic to GitHub.com were China (18.46%), followed by the United States (16.24%), India (7.25%), Germany (3.95%), and the United Kingdom (3.34%).
- Sources of traffic to the website were direct (44.63%), search (32.28%), referrals (16.57%), social (5.71%), mail (0.76%), and display (0.04%).
- Audience interests for GitHub.com are programming and developer software, computers electronics and technology, video games consoles and accessories, and news and media.
- LinkedIn.com has a total 1.14 billion visits in December 2020 (a decline of 2.28%), while the app was downloaded two million times in December 2020.
- The average number of pages visited per visit in December 2020 was 6.21 with a duration of 6:49 minutes per visit while the bounce rate was 29.80% and the daily time on site was 10:29 minutes.
- The top five countries sending traffic to LinkedIn.com were the United States (32.23%), the United Kingdom (6.76%), India (5.89%), France (4.46%), and Brazil (4.22%).
- Sources of traffic were direct (71.94%), search (22.80%), mail (2.21%), referrals (1.93%), social (0.11%), and display (0.11%).
- Interests of the audience of LinkedIn include programming and developer software, computers electronics and technology, and news and media.
- Box.com had 46.23 million visits in December 2020, a decline of 10.76% in November 2020.
- Visitors clicked on an average of 8.68 page during each visit which lasted approximately 6:45 minutes while the bounce rate was 27.35%.
- The daily time on the site was 6:05 minutes.
- The top five countries sending traffic to Box.com were the United States (53.90%), Japan (15.02%), the United Kingdom (3.57%), India (2.04%), and Canada (1.64%).
- Sources of traffics were direct (81.75%), referrals (8.28%), search (4.51%), mail (2.84%), social (2.07%), and display (0.55%).
- Audience interests for Box.com include programming and developer software, computers, electronics and technology, universities and colleges, and news and media.
- During the initial hour of research, the focus was placed on determining the availability of the requested information and on providing engagement metrics and the time spent on the websites per day.
- During the initial search, the research team found that the requested demographic data is publicly available in a varying level of detail for each requested company.
- We propose to continue the research by providing a demographic profile incorporating the publicly available information on age, gender, geography, and occupation that can be found for each company. We also propose to include in the research project, information regarding the price trends, price models and, where available, the monthly average use per user for each website.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.