Personnel-Driven Cybersecurity Services
To identify the growth in personnel intensive cybersecurity market for small and medium businesses to identify the most profitable areas in this space.
Personnel Driven Cybersecurity
- Threat hunting is less about technology and more about people. While various algorithms have been identified, to assist in the process, for the large part, it involves skilled personnel sifting through large volumes of data.
- One of the most common mistakes a business of any size can make is depending on technology to meet its cybersecurity requirements. People are an increasingly valuable part of this equation.
- The key to effective cybersecurity is a customized approach to meet the businesses' needs.
- An increase in the number of phishing and malware attacks has seen the cybersecurity market grow. Typically, estimates of market growth have focused on technology-based solutions.
- There are increasing amounts of research emphasizing the importance of routine vulnerability assessments in small and medium-sized businesses.
- In the past, vulnerability assessments have been perceived as complicated and expensive, which has limited the number of businesses using these services.
- There is an increasing risk to small businesses suggesting traditional measures are not enough. The reluctance to adopt personnel driven measures has seen small businesses emerge as a potential target to attacks.
- Vulnerability assessments are a way to identify any overlooked weaknesses.
- Some companies are trying to take the human element out of services like penetration testing. They promote various penetration testing applications as a cheaper alternative to hiring a specialist.
- Few metrics providing the usage or market size for personnel driven cybersecurity in small and medium businesses are available.
- There is a large volume of research available that discusses the benefits and necessity of personnel-driven cybersecurity in small and medium businesses.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We suggest further research to identify 4-6 of the current trends in personnel-driven cybersecurity measures in small and medium businesses. For each trend, we would identify what the trend is, what is driving it, and 2-3 examples of how it is impacting the market.
We would also recommend a SWOT analysis of personnel-driven cybersecurity in small and medium businesses, which will help identify potential opportunities for a new player in the market.