Dakota State University
To understand how Dakota State University is perceived compared to other 4-year public universities in the region, specifically other universities that offer Computer Science or Cyber Security programs. The data that would help in understanding these perceptions include, enrollment costs, average ACT/SAT score for first year students, online vs physical attendance, Glass Door ratings, and Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram perceptions.
During our preliminary research, we were able to determine enrollment costs, average ACT/SAT score for first year students, online vs physical attendance, and Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram perceptions for Dakota State University. We found that Glassdoor ratings only really reflected the perceptions of the employees of the university. Because of this, we shifted our focus to the ratings on Niche, a website were many college students review their universities.
We were also able to identify an additional three 4-year universities that offer Computer Science or Cyber Security programs in the region of North and South Dakota. We placed these findings into a spreadsheet for easier comparison. Below is an overview of our early findings.
- The estimated total cost per year for an undergraduate is $16,568.80 for a resident of South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, and North Dakota.
- The estimated total cost per year for undergraduate Minnesota reciprocy students is $16,433.80.
- The estimated total cost per year for undergraduate non-resident students is $19,639.30.
Average ACT/SAT Scores
- For a Bacehlor's Degree the minimum ACT score must be 18 or above, or a Reasoning Test Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 950 or above.
- For an Associate's Degree the minimum ACT composite score must be 18 or above, or a subscore on the SAT Reasoning Test Math and Critical Reading of 950 or above.
Online VS. Physical Attendance
- Since DSU has a physical campus as well as an online campus, online students are taught by the same teachers that work at the physical campus. Because of this, students are receiving the same quality of education online as they are on campus.
- The application requirements for online students is the same as the requirements for students on the physical campus.
- Degree offerings online vary by state.
- On-campus course costs are a combination of tuition and administrative fees, however, online students may choose to pay using the self-support rate that offers a cost-per-credit hour rate with few administrative fees and no fees for services that are not used.
- Enrollment costs vary based on location and degree.
Social Media Perceptions
- Dakota State University has 4.4/5 stars on Facebook out of 49 reviews.
- The positive reviews are related to the enjoyable staff and the negative reviews are focused on communication problems.
- The hashtag #dakotastateuniversity on Instagram shows a variety of pictures from students that are a part of the university's community. The pictures range from athletes to students running events, all positive perceptions.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.