Dance Fitness Market
Provide an overview of the dance fitness class market, including where and how Zumba fits into it. Then identify the other top competitors of dance fitness classes and certification providers (not including Zumba). For each, provide their respective market share and key competitors in order to inform a potential investment opportunity.
- According to data collected by SimilarWeb, major competitors of Zumba include Fitour, Jazzercise, Ripped Planet, 24 Hour Fitness, and Guia Fitness. Zumba has between 200 and 500 employees, as well as at least 11 mobile apps through the Google Play and App Stores.
- Approximately 31.65% of traffic to Zumba's website comes from consumers in the U.S., with the average visitor staying on the site for 5 minutes 50 seconds and visiting 6.15 subpages. Most traffic to the Zumba website (46.07%) is intentional and direct, 36.01% comes from search engines, and 8.05% comes from social media (specifically Facebook (53.32%) and YouTube (26.81%)).
- In order to become an official Zumba instructor, a person must learn the four basic Zumba rhythyms (Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, and Reggaeton), go through a Basic 1 Review course, learn the Zumba Formula for dance fitness workouts, and finally obtain an official Zumba teaching license.
Dance Fitness Market
- Research from IBIS World suggests that the total revenue for dance studios in the U.S. amounts to approximately $4 billion in 2019 so far, with a CAGR of 3.1% between 2014-2019.
- As per the Association of Fitness Studios (AFS), approximately 8.5% of the 100,000+ fitness studios in the U.S. are dance studios.
- Of the programs and services offered in fitness studios in the U.S., about 14% of them are group fitness courses such as Zumba.
- In the United Kingdom, the Exercise, Movement & Dance Partnership (EMDP) estimates that approximately 1.45 million citizens partake in a dance fitness class at least once per month. Of those, 38% reported that they were inactive before taking their first dance class, and 92% of females in the classes found it to be enjoyable and non-competitive.
Dance Fitness Certification
- Personal training and fitness certifications that are offered via the American Sports & Fitness Association (ASFA) related specifically to dance fitness include: Group Fitness/Bootcamp Instruction, Cycling Instruction, Water Aerobics, Yoga & Pilates, Dance/Hip-hop Aerobics, Ballet Barre Fitness, Kickbox/Step Aerobics, and Women's Fitness.
- The American Council on Exercise (ACE) indicates that the main steps to gaining a certification in a group fitness course such as dance fitness include first choosing a study program/certificate to obtain, take a course/study for 3-4 months, and finally register/pass an exam.
- There are a number of other dance certifications that can be obtained, including from the DEAC, NBFE, NCCA, and NFLA.,
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.