Startup Studios/Holding Companies Data
To provide data on some of the largest startup studios/holding companies in the US, UK, and Canada including Constellation Software, IAC, Rocket Internet, eFounders, BetaWorks, and Tiny Capital. Specifically, for each, provide their market cap, number of employees, a brief summary of their focus (target industries/sectors), number of companies, and how long did it take to grow portfolios.
- Overview: Constellation Software was founded in 1995 with an aim to "assemble a portfolio of vertical market software companies that have the potential to be leaders in their particular market." Today, the company has a diverse customer base of more than 125,000 customers operating in 100+ countries across the globe. The company achieved this growth "through a combination of acquisitions and organic growth."
- Headquarters: Toronto, Canada, with offices in North America, Europe, Australia, South America, and Africa.
- Market Cap: $32.44 Billion
- Employees: 15,000.
- FY 2019 Revenue: US$3.49 billion
- Q2 2020 Revenue: US$922 million
- Half Year (Q1+Q2) 2020 Revenue: US$1.875 billion
- Companies: 6 (Volaris, Harris, Jonas Software, Vela Software, Perseus Operating Group, and Total Specific Solutions).
Summary of Findings
- In the initial hour, we were able to cover some of the requested details for Constellation Software and IAC.
- We can continue the research and provide all of the information in the shared spreadsheet.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.