Data Center Monitoring Market
To understand the data center monitoring industry, in terms of types of monitoring and the key players in the market.
DATA CENTER MONITORING SOLUTIONS (DCMS)
- A 2019 report on the Data Center Monitoring Systems (DCMS) market segments the market into cloud-based and internal deployment products.
- Key players in the DCMS market include "Astozi, Cormant, Schneider Electric, RZ-Products GmbH, Siemens, Panduit Corp., FNT Software, Sunbird Software, CommScope" and others.
- Another report names the key players as "Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Lenovo, Opsview Ltd, Zoho Corp, Raritan Inc, Mindarray Systems, SolarWinds, Paessler AG, Sunbird Inc and Corvil."
- Data center monitoring, also known as data center management, may include both manual and automated tools to ensure the health of a data center.
DATA CENTER INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT (DCIM)
- The data center infrastructure management (DCIM) was worth US$ 1.8 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 18.1% to reach an expected $6.862 billion by 2026.
- Key players in the DCIM market include "Emerson Network Power, Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Eaton Corp. PLC, IBM Corp., CA Technologies, Inc., Siemens AG, ABB Ltd., FNT GmbH, Johnson Controls, Inc., Nlyte Software, Inc., Sunbird Software, Inc. (Raritan, Inc.), Panduit Corp., Commscope, Inc., Altrona.a.s., Cormant, Inc., and Rackwise, Inc."
- An August 2019 market report identified the key players in the DCIM market as "Emerson Network Power, Schneider Electric, Eaton, IBM, CA Technologies, Siemens, ABB, FNT, Nlyte Software, Sunbird Software, Panduit, Commscope, Altron, Cormant, Rackwise."
- A Transparency Market report on the DCIM industry segments the market into IT asset management providers, facility management providers, and consulting hardware sensor providers.
- G2 highlights the top DCIM vendors, citing the most popular as Device 42, Cisco ACI, Atlassian Data Center, ManageEngine OpManager, and Nlyte.
- Nlyte has 4.7 out of 5 stars on Gartner's Peer Insights.
- Capterra names the top DCIM software providers as Device 42, Pulseway, Sunbird DCIM, netTerrain DCIM, and ManageEngine OpManager.
DATACENTER MANAGEMENT AS A SERVICE (DMAAS)
- According to NetworkWorld, datacenter management as a service (DMaaS) is a cloud-based service, built on DMIC software, that "takes data collection a step further: Equipment and device data is collected from scores of data centers, and then that data is anonymized, pooled and analyzed at scale."
- DMaaS is touted as a market disruptor because of its crowdsourcing method of gathering data from multiple data centers for analysis.
- Two early players in the DMaaS market are Schneider Electric and Eaton.
- Nlyte Software is another DCIM vendor moving into the DMaaS sector, using IBM Watson technology.
- DMaaS is considered lower cost, provides more visibility for IT teams, and is expected to fuel next generation technologies because of its machine learning capabilities, according to Jeff Klaus, General Manager of Intel Data Center Management Solutions.
- Klaus also states in another article that DMaaS is set to outpace DCIM in 2019.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.