Top Professional Book Publishers
To obtain a list of the top five (5) professional book publishers by revenue.
- According to Livres Hebdo, the top five publishers globally in terms of 2017 revenue include Pearson, RELX Group, Thomson Reuters, Bertelsmann, and Wolters Kluwer.
- Pearson generated $6.07 billion, RELX Group generated $5.6 billion, Thomson Reuters made $4.94 billion, Bertelsmann generated $4.24 billion, while Wolters Kluwer earned revenue of $3.994 billion in 2017.
- Based on the ranking provided by Livres Hebdo, the top five publishers that operate in the United States are RELX Group, Scholastic, McGraw-Hill Education, Wiley, and HarperCollins.
- In terms of professional books, $273.9 million was generated in the United States between January and June 2019.
- In terms of professional books publishing, the AAP revealed that “Participating publishers reported revenue growth in professional books for March 2019 (18.0 percent), May 2019 (11.8 percent), and June 2019 (21.0 percent), but the category was relatively flat year-to-date with 1.1 percent net revenue growth at $273.9 million."
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.