To understand what consumers are looking for when it comes to dating through dating apps and trends in data app usage.
- According to a report by eMarketer, 25.1 million Americans will use a dating app at least monthly in 2019.
- While the use of dating apps is growing, the spike in growth has slowed. From 2017 to 2018 there was a 6.5% increase in dating app users. The growth between 2018 and 2018 dropped to 5.3%. Expectations are that dating apps growth will slow to a 2.3% increase by 2022.
- According to eMarketer analyst Nazmul Islam, "At this point, we see existing users switching between apps rather than new users trying dating apps for the first time."
- A 2018-2019 Statista study reports that 33.9 million Americans used a dating site, including both web based and app based) in 2018. This is expected to increase to 37.5 million by 2023.
- About 19% of consumers, use dating apps and websites to make platonic connections and 49% use dating apps and websites to make an exclusive romantic partner. Around 23% use dating apps and websites to meet others for casual sex.
- Approximately 37% of men have used a dating app compared to 27% of women.
- About 46% of dating app users are between the ages of 18-29 and 37% are between the ages of 30-44.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.