Decorated Apparel Market
To find the distribution of the decorated apparel market by material type.
- According to one printing company, at least 20 fabric types can be used for decoration. These include typical fabrics like cotton, polyester and jersey and less-known ones like knits, twill and sueded fleece. However, nothing in this article states which types are the most common across the industry.
- This market research report from Radiant Insights claims to discuss the market by material, but not enough information was available in the free preview to gain any useful insights for these Early Findings.
- As per previous years, the market is still being largely driven by graphic t-shirts. Cotton is traditionally the most common material used for making t-shirts, so it stands to reason that cotton overall would have a large market share in the decorated apparel industry.
- This infographic shows that other common decorated apparel types are bags, hats, sweatshirts, polos and sports apparel.
- (Baseball) hats are usually made from wool, wool blend or sometimes cotton blend. Polyester is becoming more popular, as it is cheaper.
- Sweatshirts are usually made from polyester or a poly-cotton blend.
- Polos are usually made from pique or jersey material. Pique is usually cotton or poly-cotton, whereas jersey is usually wool, cotton or synthetic.
- Sports apparel can be made from a variety of materials, including cotton, microfiber (a type of polyester), spandex, synthetic, bamboo, Gore-Tex, polyester, nylon and neoprene.
- It seems that the most popular material types used for decorated apparel are going to be polyester (and its various derivatives and sub-types), cotton and wool.
PROPRIETARY RESEARCH AVAILABLE
- We found some proprietary research from one of our data partners which may be helpful:
- Global Decorated Apparel Market — By Printing Technique, By Product Type, By Region, By Country: Trends, Opportunities and Forecasts (Azoth Analytics, $1,800)
- If you'd like us to purchase this report on your behalf, just let us know!
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.