Democratic/Republican Organizations: Targeting Millennial Women Research
Identify political entities and their respective spokespersons (democratic, republican, etc.) that are targeting Millennial women in battleground states, and explain how they are approaching this demographic. For each, provide the entity name, core messages, key spokespeople, affiliations, and audience segment(s). Each entity itself does not necessarily have to be aligned with a specific political party, but the party with whom they are targeting is vital to know.
Battleground (Swing) States 2020
- For the 2020 Presidential Election, the battleground (swing) states have been identified as:
- New Hampshire, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio (vary among sources)
- North Carolina
- IGNITE is a non-profit that was launched in 2010 by Dr. Anne Moses to motivate young women to take a political stand for themselves.
- For the 2020 election, IGNITE partnered with Dr. Melissa Deckman of Washington College to conduct a national survey. This survey was focused on identifying the political engagement of Gen Z females compared to males.
Higher Heights for America
- Higher Heights is an organization focused on increasing the number of Black women in political office in the U.S.
- This organization endorses candidates in the U.S. House of Representatives and promotes their candidacy to the 16 million black women in the U.S. that are eligible to vote.
League of Women Voters
- The League of Women Voters (LWV) has over 700 different state and local leagues with more than 500,000 members nationwide.
- As an organization, LWV is focused on providing women in the U.S. with the knowledge and confidence to participate in voting.
- LWV does not have any barriers of participation on the basis of gender, gender identity, nationality, race, health, religion, or any other factor. Anyone who wants to join may join.
- This organization claims to be nonpartisan, but does appear to lean towards the Democratic side.
- The main goals of LWV are to educate voters, provide election information, and help people get registered to vote.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.