Demographic Analysis - Vehicle Owners
To obtain some insights into the demographic breakdown of 1)Gas vehicles, 2)Hybrid vehicles, and 3) Plug-In hybrid vehicles owners covering the median age of ownership, percentage of male vs. female ownership, the proportion of owners with a college education, and the average household income of owners of each category of vehicle.
- In 2017, 370,685 hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) were sold in the US.
- According to CNBC, 70% of electric car owners earn at least $100,000 per year.
- Seventy percent of people who own hybrid electric vehicles and pure electric vehicles have a four-year or graduate-level degree.
- The typical age of ownership of hybrid and pure electric vehicle falls within 30 - 49 years. This group represents almost half (46.9%) of all hybrid electric vehicles and pure electric vehicle owners.
- On average, 75% of plug-in hybrid vehicle owners in the US are male, while 25% are female. This ratio is also true for pure electric vehicle owners.
- Fifty-four percent of plug-in hybrid owners in the US are between the ages of 25 and 54, while 57% of them earn above $100,000 annually.
- Overall, the median age of ownership for sedans is 37.4 years, while the median age of ownership for pickup trucks is 43.7 years.
Summary Of Our Early Findings Relevant To The Goals
- In our initial hour of research, we were able to provide useful insights regarding the median age, percentage of male ownership, the proportion of owners with a college education, and the average household income of owners of plug-in hybrid vehicles in the US.
- Due to time constraints, we were not able to provide a complete set of data on gas and hybrid vehicles.consumer
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.