Dental Implant Demographics
To determine the demographics of patients in the US who have dental implants.
General Dental Implant Market Information
- A research report titled Survival Rates of Dental Implants in Patients with and without a History of Periodontitis
provides the following demographic data: Of the 717 patients in the study, "50.3% of them were placed in females, 82.6% in individuals with high socio‐economic status, 64.9% in self‐payers, 14.5% in tobacco users and 9.9% in diabetics. None to mild periodontal destruction was noted in 66.7% of the patients, while moderate and severe was detected in 33.3%. Within a mean follow‐up time of 29.19 months, five implants were removed representing a 0.7% failure rate. The survival rate in the periodontitis and non‐periodontitis groups showed no statistically significant differences (P = 0.837)."
- Survey results from the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons found that: over 30 million people do not have teeth in one or both jaws
, 26.0% people aged above 75 years do not have teeth at all
, 69.0% of people aged between 35 and 45 years have one tooth missing
, more than 15 million people have crowns or bridges
, approximately 500,000 people undergo dental implant procedure each year
, and dental implants have a success rate of about 95.0%.
- A journal of the American Dental Association indicated that 13% to 39% of dental injuries occur due to sports.
- Overall, the prevalence of both partial and total tooth loss in adults has decreased from the early 1970s until the latest (1999-2004) National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.
- According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, more than 35 million Americans are missing all of their teeth in at least one jaw, if not both.
Another 15 million people are either missing one tooth or they have consecutive missing teeth that have been replaced with a dental bridge.
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69% of Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth already.
- Additional implant specific data points are contained within a paywalled research report from iDataResearch.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.