- Identify and detail information regarding desk accessories, including trends, styles, functionality, etc. in order to put together input for line review preparation and product development.
- Identify the sales growth for desk accessories in the U.S., broken down by accessory type (i.e. letter trays, pencil cups, etc.).
- Provide images of popular/growing styles and trends for desk accessories, as well as a list of the most common product features by accessory type from major competitors.
- Provide an overview of the use cases for different desk accessories, and any changes/innovations in the use cases for different products over time.
- According to New York Media, trending desk accessories in 2019 include business card holders, creatively shaped paper clips and rings, trendy staplers, and creatively-designed tape dispensers.
- In 2017, online sales from office supply retailers (both chain and non-chain) in the U.S. grew by 1.8%. Online sales from Staples and Office Depot represented 70% of all sales accounted for in the growth rate.
- Non-chain office supply retailers in the U.S. grew by 16.7% in 2017.
- The 5 fastest growing, non-chain, online retailers of office supplies in the U.S. in 2017 were TheCubicle.us (157.9%), BisonOffice LLC (72%), Online Labels Inc. (58.2%) Poppin (55%) and JetPens.com (43.5%).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.