The number of incurable cases due to late detection, as well as available, solutions for early detection and public awareness, free screening for skin cancer initiative by the US government, the skin cancer market in China including growth, trends, awareness and other insights, the percentage of early detection made by dermatologists, and the percentage of late detection due to failure to secure appointments with dermatologists.
CANCER MARKET IN CHINA
Cancer in General
- In 2018, about "4.3 million new cancer cases and 2.9 million new cancer deaths occurred in China."
- Over a quarter of cancer related death in the country are from digestive tract cancers.
- The most commonly diagnosed cancer in China include lung cancer (18.1% or over 750,000 new cases in 2018), colorectal cancer (12.2%), stomach cancer (10.6% or more than 450,000 new cases), liver cancer (9.2%), and breast cancer (8.6%).
- China is currently undergoing a "transition period from being a developing country to a developed country."
- Compared to western countries like the US, China has a larger share of cancers with a relatively poorer 5-year overall survival rate.
- The oncology drugs market in China was worth $6.5 billion in 2018 and is expected to be $12.69 billion by 2026 growing at a compound annual growth rate of 8.7%.
- The main factors driving the growth of the oncology drugs market in China include the rise in incidence of "various cancer conditions, aging population, westernized diet, shift to sedentary lifestyle, and surge in tobacco smoke exposure due to urbanization in China."
- By drug class, targeted therapy drugs have the highest market share due to their ability to "kill only malignant cells, higher efficacy, and higher survival rates associated with their use."
- The local companies dominating the Chinese oncology drugs market are Shanghai Junshi Biosciences and Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine. Internatonal companies like AbbVie, Beigene, Celgene, and Hoffman-La Roche are also dominating the market.
- Skin cancer is one of the least popular forms of cancer in the country. The number of new skin cancer cases in China was only 7,379 cases in 2018.
- There were 3,766 skin-cancer related deaths in the same year. The 5-year prevalence of skin cancer is 20,888.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.