Wedding Dress Boutiques
To find the total number of wedding dress stores in the US, broken out by state; to find the total number of fashion boutiques in the US; to find the total number of department stores in the US, broken out by state; and to find the total number of wedding dress purchased and rented online in the US.
- IBIS World lists 6,521 bridal stores in the US. While bridal stores would sell other things like accessories, veils and so on, the vast majority would sell wedding dresses.
- Manta, a business listing website has 10,424 listings under bridal shops. However, it is possible some of these have closed or IBIS World used a different statistical model to come up with their count.
- The state breakdown of bridal shops on Manta is this:
District of Columbia (19)
New Hampshire (51)
New Jersey (366)
New Mexico (49)
New York (746)
North Carolina (291)
North Dakota (29)
Puerto Rico (19)
Rhode Island (48)
South Carolina (147)
South Dakota (36)
Virgin Islands (1)
West Virginia (38)
- Manta also lists 60,935 general fashion boutiques in the US. IBIS World has 74,015.
- IBIS World also has 7,646 department stores in the US.
- JC Penney, for example, has 1,100 locations. This Statista chart shows the number of Kohl's stores by region.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
Our initial research was able to answer some of the request by finding the number of bridal shops, broken out by state, the number of fashion boutiques and the number of department stores in the US. There is no comprehensive listing of the number of department stores by state. Therefore, we could take the largest department stores chains of Dillard's, Lord & Taylor/Sak's, JC Penney, Kohl's, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Sears and Stage Stores (parent company) to find the number of each by state, totalling to then arrive at an approximate number of department stores by state. We will not include discount or warehouse stores like Target, Burlington, Costco, Ross or Walmart.
Additionally, we propose a project to find or triangulate the total number of wedding dress purchased or rented online in the US. This would be in the form of annual estimation. We will not include used wedding dress sales.