The goal is to get an overview of what crop science is, who the top pharmaceutical companies are in the market, and what the market innovations look like.
- There are various areas within crop science that include crop biology, turfgrass science, crop breeding, seed technology, and crop genetics.
- Scientists that work with crop genetics learn about the plant's DNA in order to select the plants that are the highest quality and will perform the best during breeding.
- Crop genetics also involves weeding out traits in plants that make them have a smaller yield, such as plants that fare worse in heat or drought.
- Seed technology is all about the storing, cleaning, and packaging of seeds to ensure they will yield healthy plants in the future.
- We did not find any other pharmaceutical companies that are currently working in crop science aside from Bayer.
- Other top companies that are working in crop science include Sygenta, BASF, Dow Agro Sciences, and Nufarm.
- The global crop protection market is expected to reach over $65 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 2.97%.
- Chemical crop protection sprays are continuing to be altered to be more effective and are being combined with more effective delivery methods.
- Microbes that are naturally found in soil are being re-introduced into crops, allowing them to produce higher yields.
- Bayer uses AI and machine learning to gather and analyze crop data through The Climate Corporation.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
We propose providing a more in-depth look at crop science. The brief will include an overview of what each area of crop science entails, innovations in crop science, and challenges in the industry.
Alternatively, we can provide an overview of what Bayer is doing in the crop science market. We will include recent innovations in the area by Bayer, the history of the company's involvement in crop science, and what competitive advantage they have over other crop science companies.