The goal is to get an overview of what crop science is, who the top pharmaceutical companies are in the market, and what the market innovations look like.
- There are various areas within crop science that include crop biology, turfgrass science, crop breeding, seed technology, and crop genetics.
- Scientists that work with crop genetics learn about the plant's DNA in order to select the plants that are the highest quality and will perform the best during breeding.
- Crop genetics also involves weeding out traits in plants that make them have a smaller yield, such as plants that fare worse in heat or drought.
- Seed technology is all about the storing, cleaning, and packaging of seeds to ensure they will yield healthy plants in the future.
- We did not find any other pharmaceutical companies that are currently working in crop science aside from Bayer.
- Other top companies that are working in crop science include Sygenta, BASF, Dow Agro Sciences, and Nufarm.
- The global crop protection market is expected to reach over $65 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 2.97%.
- Chemical crop protection sprays are continuing to be altered to be more effective and are being combined with more effective delivery methods.
- Microbes that are naturally found in soil are being re-introduced into crops, allowing them to produce higher yields.
- Bayer uses AI and machine learning to gather and analyze crop data through The Climate Corporation.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.