Universal App Research
To obtain data and statistics on smart phone app usage, particularly, food ordering apps as available, including the average number of apps people have on their smart phone, how many they use on a regular basis, the average churn for downloaded apps, such as the number of apps people delete after one use as well as 90-days, and the key success factors for apps, including why it's good to have a few powerful apps rather than many super-specific apps. This information will be used to pitch to restaurants.
- The online food delivery market was valued at $107.4 billion in 2019 and is expected to growth at aCAGR of 7.5% to reach $182.2 billion by 2024, with China having the largest market share ($51.5 billion)
- According to Statista, US smart phone users have averagely 20 apps installed on their phones.
- A study conducted by US Foods shows that the average person has two food delivery apps on their smartphone, which they use three times a month.
- DoorDash is the most used food delivery app in the US (44%), followed by GrubHub (23%) and Uber Eats.
- Some other top delivery apps include Just Eat, Takeaway.com, Postmates, Deliveroo, Ele.me, Meituan Dianping, Rappi, Jumia Food, Damae-Can, iFood, Zomato, and Yandex.Eda.
- However, despite DoorDash dominating the North American food app market, Uber Eats is the most successful food delivery app globally, with orders from 127,800 restaurants in more than 25 countries.
- A full 78% of US food delivery orders are placed via the restaurant itself, compared to 22% through third-party services.
- Additionally, 31% of consumers say they use a third-party delivery service at least twice a week.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.