Solar Panel Buyer Personas
To understand the buyer persona types of solar panel purchasers by researching on their needs, motivations, barriers, and personality traits.
Motivations and Drivers of Solar Panel Buyers
- Many homeowners consider solar power for financial reasons and environmental concerns. Self reliance and control over energy sourcing is another factor that motivates some of them.
- People who buy solar powers have the common motivations of saving money and protecting the environment.
- Major motivating factors for homeowners who install solar panels are reduced electric bills and the fewer negative consequences that are posed on the environment.
- A survey conducted in Australia revealed that the decision to buy solar panels is driven by households' concerns over rising electric bills and the impact that deteriorating economic conditions has on perceptions of affordability of electricity.
- Households that adopt PV among the surveyed respondents were affluent enough to easily incur the large upfront costs.
For retirees, the price of electricity is a concern since they have lower income.
- When other factors are kept constant, retirees are more likely to purchase solar panels than non-retirees in Australia.
- Retirees are motivated to purchase solar panels because they see it as entering into a long-term contract that ensures electricity supply and provides certainty.
- Household finances are the primary determining factor.
In Canada, people are more likely to purchase solar panels when they can see them being used in their communities.
Summary of Early Findings
- Our first hour of research was spent searching for information about motivations and drivers for solar panel buyers. We also scanned for information about needs, barriers, and personality traits of solar panel buyers to determine whether the information is available, which it is.
- We used a global focus for our initial research and scanning for data availability. If a more specific geographical focus is required, please communicate this to us in any reply.
- Please select one or more of the options provided in the scoping section below.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.