Digital Celebrity Meet-and-Greet Platforms Market Size
To provide an overview of the digital celebrity meet-and-greet platforms (such as Cameo), including: the market size; the money raised by some of the key players in the market; the size of their networks; public sentiment; and information on platforms that are music focused.
Some of the key platforms in the celebrity video messaging/digital celebrity meet-and-greet sector, and the money they have raised include:
- Cameo: a platform where users pay celebrities to make personalized video messages that was founded in 2017.
- The cost per video ranges from $25 to $2,500
- Cameo closed $50 million in a Series B round, bringing its total venture backing to at least $65.2 million, and a valuation of $300 million, post-money.
- The company currently has 18,000 celebrities in its network, who have produced more than 300,000 videos.
- The platform has 4,874 musicians in its network including singers, DJs, country musicians, and more.
- Celebrities on the platform include Snoop Dogg who is also an investor.
- Memmo: a platform where you can book personalised video messages from famous sports stars, actors, comedians and other celebrities. Memmo was founded in 2019 in Sweden and is planning to expand to the greater Nordics region.
- The platfom raised €2 million ($2.3 million) from a number of investors including U.S.-based Luxor Capital
- Memmo has enrolled over 800 local Swedish celebrities, who have sent more than 7,000 videos to their fans and followers.
- The celebrities include musicians, drummers, and guitarists, whose videos cost as low as $10
- Wysh: a celebrity engagement and wishing platform based in India.
- Wysh has raised $2 million in Series A, led by Kalaari capital.
- The categories of celebrities in the platform include singers.
The global personalized gifts market size is expected to reach $31.63 billion by 2021, and is grow at a CAGR of 9% during the period, 2019-2023.
Summary of Findings
- In this initial hour of research, we determined that there are no publicly available figures for the market size of the celebrity video messaging/digital celebrity meet-and-greet platforms.
- We have provided information on 3 of these platforms including: the funding levels for all 3, extent of their networks (Cameo and Memmo), and whether they have musicians in their networks, of which all do in some form.
- We have assumed a global focus. If a more targeted approach is desired, for example, the U.S., this would have to be clearly communicated to us in any reply.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address the stated goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.