Digital Language Learning Market
To provide a basic overview of the digital language learning market. The overview should include the market size, shape (i.e. analysis of market structure, performance, competitiveness), key players and key languages.
- The digital language learning market size was $5.69 billion, globally, as of 2018 and was expected to grow at a rate of 13.4% CAGR through 2027. By 2027, it was anticipated that the global market size would amount to $17.18 billion.
- However, more recently published data (July 2020) found that the online language learning market had a global market size of $21.2 billion as of 2020, with a project growth rate of 18.7% CAGR through 2027. This report cites the growing E-learning market and COVID-19 impacts among the key drivers of this growth.
- Key players in the global digital language learning market are Busuu, Babbel, Fluenz, Lingoda, Living Language, Pearson PLC, Preply, Rosetta Stone, Verbling and Yabla.
- Key players in the global online language learning market are Berlitz, Rosetta Stone, Memrise, Inlingua International, Sanako, Duolingo, Babbel, Busuu, iTutor Group, Open Education, and Linguistica 360.
- English language learning holds the dominant share of the digital language learning market. This segment accounts 3.5 billion EUR as of 2020, while other languages account for 1.7 billion EUR, according to data published by Statista.
- A survey found that the most popular languages learned among Americans are Spanish (27%), French (20%), and German (17%).
- A global survey found that the most popular languages learned globally are English (28%), Spanish (18%), French and Italian (13%), and German (9%).
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.