E-Learning Marketing Analysis
To identify benchmarks for assessing the success and reach of digital marketing ads in the e-learning industry and when possible those specific to e-learning in the medical field. Ideal metrics to analyze include CTR, CPC, CPM, impressions, and conversion rates.
GENERAL DIGITAL MAREKTING METRICS
- 24% open rate on emails sent to a prospecting list
- 20-25% open rate for emails sent to customer lists
- 2% CTR (click through rate) from emails sent to prospect lists
- 20-40% CTR for emails sent to customer lists
- 8% CTR for emails in drip campaigns
- .21% CTR on Facebook ads
- .025-.04% for LinkedIn ads
- $5 CPM (cost per thousand impressions) for Facebook ads
- $4 CPC (cost per click) for Facebook Ads
- .8% Raw Lead (organic and paid) conversion rate on LinkedIn
E-LEARNING SPECIFIC MARKETING INSIGHTS
- For a Courseware Licensing Model, 50% of revenue to be spent on sales and marketing
- For a Public Seminar Model, 40% of revenue to be spent on sales and marketing
- For a Custom Training Development Model, 10% of revenue to be spent on sales and marketing
- For a Customer Education Model, 5% of revenue to be spent on sales and marketing
ADDITIONAL POTENTIALLY HELPFUL DATA
- Technavio released a market research report for the MOOC (massive online open course) industry in June 2020. The full report is available for purchase and "offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, the latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment."
- Data from a 2016 report from Docebo reveals that approximately 8.27% of course distribution in the e-learning market is focused on Health and Medicine.
It is important to note that assumptions in these early findings apply to marketing campaigns targeted in a B2B atmosphere as no specifications on the target audience for e-learning were provided. If the findings should be focused on providing data within the B2C landscape, this should be noted in any reply.
Additionally, no digital marketing benchmarking metrics specific to the e-learning market were uncovered (or even indicated) in initial research. As such, a pivot in research in suggested.
Finally, a US focus was assumed, if this should pivot to include data for another region (or globally), this should be communicated in any reply.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.