Global Chip/Crisp Dips: Market, Trends
To understand the global dips market for chips/crisps that will include the top 10 biggest companies in the market, their market shares, and their product offerings.
To identify 3-5 recent, emerging, or future trends within the global dipping sauce market for chips.
Our research on the global dips market for chips/crisps revealed insights. Here are key pieces of information we found:
Global Dips Market for Chips/Crisps Overview
- The global packaged dips market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 11.36% during the period 2017-2021.
- Top companies within the global packaged dips market are: PepsiCo-Strauss Group, Kraft-Heinz, and T. Marzetti.
- Other prominent companies within the global packaged dips market are: Arizona Salsa and Spice Company, Black Swan Foods, Blue Dragon, Buckfast Organic Bakery, Chris' Food Culture, Cindy's Kitchen, Cornitos, CSC Brands, Desert Pepper, Garden Fresh Gourmet, Heavenly Dips, Laura Scudders, MegaMex Foods, Reser's Fine Foods, The HV Food Products Company, Ventura Foods, Walden Farms, and WorldFoods.
- Dips are categorized into the small-bites segment of “permissible indulgence” marketing around low-sugar, plant-based options.
- Globally, taco dip (made with refried beans, sour cream, cream cheese, salsa, tomatoes, green bell peppers, green onions, lettuce, black olives, cheddar cheese and taco seasoning mix) is becoming more popular.
- The global dipping sauce market opportunities for products perceived as healthier, like hummus and vegetable/bean-based dipping sauces are increasing. Consumer preference has changed to prefer vegan, gluten-free, and high-protein bean-based dips.
- Younger consumers are major dip purchasers, and while salsa is still a favorite, refrigerated and shelf-stable dips, hummus, and dry dip mixes are also becoming more popular.
- According to a 2019 Morning Consult poll, French onion dip was the most popular dip for potato chips in the U.S., while both salsa and guacamole were popular for tortilla chip dipping.
- A recent trend in the U.S. dipping sauce market is the resurgence in hot cheese dip – particularly fondue, spinach dip, and artichoke dip that is being driven by the popularity of these dips in U.S. casual theme restaurants and resulting in consumer demand to have these dips available in conveniently packaged products.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.