DMO Executive/Marketing Director Persona
A demographic and psychographic profile of an executive director or marketing director of destination marketing organizations or convention vistor bureaus in the United States.
- Based on an analysis of several destination marketing organizations and convention visitor bureaus, the executive directors at these entities tend to be women. Of note, a lot of men hold higher positions at DMOs and CVBs, such as CEO or president.
- A lot of executive directors at DMOs and CVBs in the US appear to be in their 40s to 50s (Gen X).
- In addition, these professionals tend to be White.
- In the US, the average salary of an executive director at a tourism bureau is $66,000.
- Our initial research revealed that no information is available on the public domain in relation to the demographics, psychographics, and/or personas of executive directors or marketing directors at DMOs or CVBs.
- As a result, we analyzed the LinkedIn profiles of 10 to 20 marketing directors at DMOs and CVBs to deduce their average age, race, and gender.
- Based on our initial research, at a lot of DMOs and CVBs in the US, executive directors and marketing directors have different roles.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.