Mexico: Speciality Chemical Distribution Market Landscape
To understand what the market landscape for specialty chemical distribution looks like in Mexico, who the major distributors are, what product segments those distributors cover, and what the geographic coverage is in order to determine market entrance strategies.
Our background research on the specialty chemical distribution market landscape in Mexico revealed more information that was publicly available about the general region of North America, although we were able to pinpoint some major distributors in Mexico. Here are key pieces of information we found:
Mexico Speciality Chemical Distribution Market Landscape
- The market share of third-party distribution of specialty chemicals—rather than the sale of products directly to customers by suppliers—is experiencing the fastest growth in North America that will continue through 2020.
- The market share for specialty chemicals distribution in North America is approximately 19% and significantly higher than the global average.
- Some major distributors of speciality chemicals in Mexico are: High Chem Specialties México, S.A. de C.V., Omya Mexico S.A. de C.V., and Bodo Möller Chemie México, S. de R.L. de C.V..
- Acquired by GTM Holdings, SA in 2016, High Chem Specialties México, S.A. de C.V. is one of the most recognized distribution companies focused on the specialty chemicals industry in Mexico.
- Omya Mexico S.A. de C.V. is a worldwide distributor of specialty chemicals, with three locations in Mexico.
- Bodo Möller Chemie México, S. de R.L. de C.V.. is considered a specialty chemical and distribution expert with a global presence that opened a location in Mexico City in 2017. The subsidary in Mexico City, Bodo Möller Chemie Mexicana S. de R.L, distributes Dow Automotive adhesives and other technologies.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.