B2B Online Marketing
Support client pitches for digital marketing services with information on how online marketing influences the B2B purchase process. This information should be based in the United States and/or be case studies of unique strategies companies are using.
- B2B customers seek vastly different things from B2C clients, meaning different strategies will be required to reach them. Among other things, they are seeking expertise and efficiency over fun; they are driven by logic (as they need to justify their purchases) while B2C customers are often driven by emotion; and they need to be educated, rather than education being a nice-to-have. These all have direct impacts on the content and channel of messages.
- However, B2B customers have many things in common with B2C. Among them is the importance of digital marketing. 83% of B2B companies use email newsletters- and 40% of them say it's the most critical effort to their content marketing success. This is because B2B marketers are looking for education and have a longer sales cycle. Newsletters are an effective way to influence the buying process, because it allows for a steady feed of information direct to customers. This gives the brand an advantage over traditional PR campaigns, which interrupt the customer regardless of whether s/he is ready for that information. It also supports any SEO efforts which help the customer discover the brand.
- Websites are a direct answer to one of the pain points of B2B marketing. B2B sales cycles tend to have several decision makers, and a well-crafted website ensures that everyone is on the same page and that the process is as frictionless as possible. .
- Social media is also important. 75% of B2B buyers and 84% of C-Suite executives use social media when making a purchase. This is not so much about driving sales immediately, but about creating awareness and crucially, humanizing the brand.
- Several B2B companies have managed to thrive online. This article lists a few of the fastest-growing, while this one lists the largest ones in 2018.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.