Dog Clothing Brands
The goal is to find out some top brands that sell dog apparel, including those that also sell human apparel, and see what they offer and what has been successful for them. This research will help to inform a brand that is considering adding pet apparel to their offerings.
- Some dog apparel brands that are considered to be unique, innovative, and transparent include Lounge Dog, by Bedhead Pajamas, Wagwear, Bauhound, and Camp Cloon, which has both dog and human accessories.
- There are plenty of high-end fashion brands that are expanding into dog apparel lines. Some brands include Moncler Genius, Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, and Heron Preston.
- Hemsmith, a men and women apparel company, decided to start creating dog apparel to fill the gap between extremely high-priced pet apparel and cheap, low-quality apparel.
- Modernbeast's CEO, Hope Reiners, was surprised to find that their dog apparel line sold almost twice as much as their dog toy line.
- Some newer trends in dog apparel include loungewear, Halloween costumes, holiday apparel, and high-quality outerwear.
- Zulily reported a 33% YoY growth in sales in their pet apparel category, and a 50% growth on pet costumes in specific..
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.
In order to find out what is successful for pet apparel brands, we suggest moving forward with 2-3 case studies of top (by revenue) pet apparel brands or lines. We can look for brands that started out offering clothing for people and added pet apparel, and then expand to pet-only apparel companies if necessary. For each case study, we suggest including what the company offers, their revenue, and what makes them successful.
Alternatively, we could identify the top 5-7 trends in the pet apparel industry, including why they are successful for companies.