Clark Airport Analysis
To gather information about Clark Airport in the Philippines.
History of Clark Airport
Policy framework put in place
- To solve airport management issues, a private consortium was tasked with managing the airport's activities, including its expansion plans.
- The consortium will be responsible for managing the terminal, developing the airport's commercial assets, and develop the new terminal.
- Prior to this, a master plan was approved in 2003 by the Airport's board to expand the airport to full potential.
- It included a terminal expansion conducted between 2006 and 2008 that cost $2.8 million and further extensions followed in 2010 and 2013.
- The latest expansion plan proposed in 2014 involved the construction of a brand new low-cost carrier terminal (LCC) able to handle between 10 and 15 million passengers at a cost of $243 million.
- This project is planned to be completed by 2020.
How did it compete with other airports in the Phillipines
- Clark Airport has served 2.1 million passengers during the first half of 2019. This represents a 63% increase over the same period of 2018 and the highest ever mid-year number recorded in the airport’s 24-year history.
- The airport accommodates around 11,500 passengers daily passengers and 673 weekly flights.
Growth in usage and revenue from other areas (duty-free perhaps?)
- The new expansion project for Clark Airport should contribute by 2025 to increase domestic and international tourism by 3.7 percent and tourism expenditure by 2 percent.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.