Domestic train market - Spain
To understand the domestic passenger train industry in Spain.
- Mafex is the Spanish Railway Association. However, the website contains a list of all members which is not just train operators. Furthermore, its market reports are not publicly available.
- Renfe Operadora is the state-owned primary rail operator. In 2018, Renfe reported 33.7 million passengerswith a €2.5 billion net turnover. However, this number may include passengers riding to Renfe's limited international destinations in Portugal and France.
- An estimation 1.5 million passengers commute each day in Spain via train.
- Other Spanish train companies include Euskotren, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat Valenciana and Serveis Ferroviaris de Mallora. These are all extremely regional/local operators, primarily due to the fact that Spain actually operates different gauges.
- Euskotren's 2017 revenue was €85.8 million. Passenger numbers are not published in their annual report.
- FCG states that they saw 87.2 million passengers on its metropolitan lines and 207,000 on its Línia Lleida.
- In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.
Proposed next steps:
You need to be the project owner to select a next step.