Yougov Survey 2019
- This survey was run online by Yougov between November 15-18, 2019 and included a sample size of 1,242 adults, including 1,036 charity donors.
- The survey found that having a personal connection with the cause represented a major reason for going to charity.
- 51% of American respondents to the survey claimed that they donated because they felt a personal connection to the cause.
Worldvision Survey 2016
- Charity Worldvision commissioned Harris Poll to conduct an online survey in December 5-7, 2016 with a sample of 2,062 U.S. adults ages 18 and older.
- The survey found that passion and personal connection were major reasons given by donors for their willingness to help charities.
- 52% of American respondents to the survey revealed that they choose to donate to charities that support a cause they are passionate about, and 35% said that they would choose a charity they have a current personal connection to.
Network for Good Survey 2020
- Network for Good conducted a survey with a sample of 3,000 donors to find out what inspired them to give.
Amongst the top 8 reasons for donating that were revealed by the results of the survey, two of them involve a personal connection.
- It includes either knowing someone who benefited from the charity's work or knowing someone who volunteers or is on the board of that charity.
In addition to this public search, we scanned our proprietary research database of over 1 million sources and were unable to find any specific research reports that address your goals.